But how can we live in this way? How can we trust in the Lord in such a carefree way when the future seems so dark?
“He who sits in the heavens laughs;
the Lord holds them in derision.
Then he will speak to them in his wrath,
and terrify them in his fury, saying,
‘As for me, I have set my King
on Zion, my holy hill.’”
“The wicked plots against the righteous
and gnashes his teeth at him,
but the Lord laughs at the wicked,
for he sees that his day is coming.
The wicked draw the sword and bend their bows
to bring down the poor and needy,
to slay those whose way is upright;
their sword shall enter their own heart,
and their bows shall be broken.”
Laughing Like God
And if God can laugh, then so can we!
I want to encourage you to meditate and pray into these truths today. (Read both those entire chapters in Psalms). Do you believe God is on the throne and in control of the entire universe? Or do you fret at the thought of who is sitting on the earthly “thrones”?
I know this is especially hard for those who have come from other countries where they experienced Communism and socialism first-hand and know the true evils of those systems…those who have tasted freedom and fear going back to slavery again. I have several personal friends who this applies to!
But again, we must trust that God will use whatever happens for His glory, and above all, let’s pray for revival in this nation and for a return to the foundation of Christianity both in individual lives and as a nation!
Let’s be like the Proverbs 31 woman. Let’s clothe ourselves in strength and dignity and laugh at the days to come, knowing who is really on the Throne, and that He is also laughing at the schemes of man. ❤️
Here are some practical tips:
- Pray – Officially, the election is not yet over and there are many lawsuits being filed for election fraud. Fast and pray in faith for justice and the true will of the people to be done! Ask the Lord to give you His peace, whatever the ultimate outcome, and to help you fully trust in Him.
- Meditate – Listen to and memorize Scripture. Print out verses and put them around where you will see them and can mediate on the truth. A great tool to help is the coloring sheets below! This Praying the Word Prayer Journal is also helpful.
- Praise – Praise music confuses the enemy! Listen to your favorite praise and worship music and sing along with it. A gratitude journal can also be a helpful way of focusing your heart on thankfulness to God.
Need help focusing on God’s Word? Coloring is a relaxing way to meditate while being creative. Be sure to grab the free verse coloring sheets below! (If you are already a subscriber, you can find these in the Subscriber Freebie Library.)
- 16 Family Devotional Ideas to Engage All Ages - September 8, 2023
- Spelling Made Fun and Easy: Homeschooling Tips and Tricks for the Lifeschooler - September 1, 2023
- The Very Best Homeschooling Kindergarten Curriculum - August 1, 2023